Saturday, October 12, 2013

9 October 2013

Hey! Since we have our temple trip tomorrow, we're having our P-day tomorrow. But the assistants decided that we should do our emailing before we go since it will take awhile to get to the temple and back so we're taking care of it today. Sorry if you were expecting an email back on Monday! Don't worry I haven't forgotten about yall :P This week has been really cool. Conference is always spectacular. My favorite talk was Elder Uchtdorf's in the priesthood session. That was a really good one. I just love the focus on missionary work right now. We can really use it with members in our efforts to find those who are ready for the gospel. There's a lot of intense changes going on in the mission field. Here in the SCCM we're staying pretty traditional but some other missions have been getting the iPads and all that incorporated into the work. I don't know when we're going to start doing that but for now it's been great doing things the old-fashioned way. I'm so excited to go to the temple tomorrow! I've been looking forward to it for so long. It's crazy that it's already here! Time is just flying, flying, flying. It's so crazy. But time always flies when you're having fun. I really love being out here so much. It's amazing to see myself change. I know I've probably said this before but I was just thinking about the change that's taken place in me and I could've never seen myself with this much desire to do what my Heavenly Father wants me to do. I love how Preach My Gospel emphasizes changing the missionary. I really want to become Christlike in every way that I can. I love the confidence that the gospel brings. Things that used to seem scary to me, I feel like I can face with no fears. I feel like I can be successful in anything that I put my mind to. The self-discipline that I've gained out here is amazing. It seems that I've accomplished so little in my life before my mission. There's so much more that I could've done. But I'm looking forward now. Having the gospel in your heart just changes your perspective on everything for the better. I'm proud of Solomon! Congratulate him for me please. I'm glad things are going so well in his life. Having your priorities straight makes so much difference. It's sad seeing my brothers and sisters who don't have their priorities straight. I want to help them so much. There's no better way to have peace in this life than by living the gospel. There's strength there that no one can give you but the Savior. Keep being a light to your friends and our family. I'm glad progress is being made there. I've really grown to desire the welfare of those around me. I want to help them. There's so much more that I wish I could do for them. But I understand that I am where I am and God sees fit for me to do what he's allotted to me. I hope to do the best that I can with it. Love yall so much, Elder Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment