Thursday, October 25, 2012

October 8, 2012

Hey it's good to hear from y'all as always. It's nice knowing that things are going alright over there. The conference announcement about missionaries pretty much blew my mind. You could tell something big was going to happen when President Monson started speaking. But wow, that is huge. The work is hastening. These truly are the last days, I have no doubt in my mind about it. Since I'm on the subject, I'll talk about conference first. It was great. What really stuck with me this conference is what I need to do to prepare for the Second Coming of the Savior.
The world needs to prepare for this great event. It's a reality and it's going to happen. As the gospel continues to become more of a reality to me I'm starting to see the impact of things. I've always known of and heard certain truths in this life but missionary work helps things become a reality. That's the only way I can describe it. The simple words, Jesus Christ lives mean so much more to me now then they have ever in my life. The Son of God literally came down to this Earth. He walked and talked with people just like you and me. What a marvel that is. But just as these things become a reality to me, the visions of the last days do as well. When reading about those visions and seeing the reality of them, it's like a horror story. But we're promised one great promise. That the righteous need not fear. That thought just comes to my mind as I strive to do every possible thing that I can do to prepare for these last days. What I gained from conference is how strong I will have to be to anchor a family in righteousness. When famine and pestilence and wars and rumors of wars are spreading throughout the land, how will I have the spiritual and physical strength to go on without following the words of the prophets? My future children need to be raised in a household where they see their father's testimony and true conversion to this gospel. Dad, I thank you so much for that example that you have set for me. Thank you for showing me the respect and love that a husband needs to show for his wife. Mom, you've raised me so well as well. You've taught me principles of respect and honesty that I will take with me in this life and in the next. I can't say that I'd be out here on a mission without being brought up by you, my righteous parents. I know that it's going to take true dedication to this gospel and true conversion to be able to provide the same for my children in a world that's getting increasingly more wicked.
Share a faith-building story with us. (The lady who was just baptized last Saturday) wrote us a really sweet letter about how the church and us bringing her to a knowledge of the gospel has blessed her life. It really built my faith as I saw how blessed I am to have been born into the church and been able to gain a knowledge of the gospel in my youth through loving parents and teachers. As this fact becomes further imbedded into my soul, I realize how much responsibility I have. God didn't bless me with all of this to not serve a mission to the best of my ability. He didn't bless me with this so I could become less-active in the future. I've been blessed with this so I can serve Him. Throughout my whole life I have a responsibility to do His will. I cannot afford to take that for granted. I want to be able to go back to my Savior and be happy, looking back on all the good that I did for him and enjoy all the daily blessings that I receive from following him. This life is a time for men to prepare to meet God. Whether you want to or not, we will all face him again. I'm blessed to be here serving the wonderful people of South Carolina. I do not intend for my service to end when my two year mission is over. There will always be people in your life that need to have their faith increased and God is not going to come down from heaven and personally lift them up. He uses people on this Earth. He works through us and the more that He sees us following His promptings, the more people He will put into our lives to help.
Love, Elder Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment