Tuesday, January 1, 2013

31 Dec 2012

Hey :D
It was great getting to talk on Christmas. It's good to hear you're getting better Mom. I know the Lord will take care of you guys while I'm out here so I'm not worried. We're all in God's hands and under his care. It's through Him that I have the strength to even be out here. What a blessing this work is.
 
I received Brother Cooper's card and I owe him a lot of thanks. I have lots of thank you cards to write. I'm glad the ward is supporting me in this work. I just hope to be an example to the youth in the ward now. I hope they all go on missions. It's truly an experience that you'll never forget. I can see every day, things that I'm going to remember and act on throughout my whole life. I know this is where I need to be. This is where I want to be. I couldn't imagine doing anything better in life than this work.
 
Saturday's baptism was great. I was so excited to finally see Paul make that step in his life. Things are going so well here. We finally got our car back and we saw a lot of people whom we've been waiting to see for quite some time now. It's awesome. I love seeing people ready to accept the gospel into their lives. We're working with some really great people and next month is going to be awesome. Samantha and Steve are specifically working on the Word of Wisdom right now and they started this week off great. We're doing everything we can to help them live that and see the blessings of it. They have a strong desire to get baptized and know the church is true. We were also able to catch up with J this week which has been great. She's M's, a recent convert, aunt. M has been doing some great missionary work. He's 16 and has just turned his life in the right direction through the gospel. J has a really good example of what the gospel does and recently she's been really reading the Book of Mormon and experiencing herself the truth of it. She said her whole attitude has changed and so now, no matter what happens, she is able to remain happy. For example she lost her job and her lights got cut off the other day and normally she said she'd be really worried but she knows that everything going to work out. She said she's going to get a job that doesn't require her to work on Sunday so she can come to church every week. She was there this week which was super exciting. I just love seeing people become converted to the gospel. It truly blesses and helps people. It increases my desire to work hard and help people experience the blessings of truth. Next month is going to be awesome. We have a lot of great people to work with which will be really really exciting.
 
I'm glad that Gideon's going to get to stay with Solomon and Amanda soon. That's so cool. He seems like an awesome kid and I'm excited to meet him soon. Time is flying out here. I love the people here in Gaston and it will be really cool to come back and visit.
 
I like those spiritual thoughts from that talk. The opportunity to act in faith is a blessing. It's so great to see that and live that. On a mission, you get a lot of opportunities to act in faith and I just love it. It increases my belief in the Savior's power and strengthens my faith everyday. I know the gospel is true and that it's a light to the world. I know without a doubt that living a life in accordance with gospel princples and with Jesus Christ as your rock is the way to live. It brings so much peace into my life and I always want to strive to learn more and grow. I really can't express enough how grateful I am to you and my Heavenly Father to be raised by such good parents. I see so many misdirected people out here and there are definitely times that it came down to how they were raised. The church, my family, and great friends have been such a blessing to me. I'm truly glad that I am where I am today.
 
I love yall so much, 
Happy New Year :D
-Elder Nair 

No comments:

Post a Comment