Monday, July 15, 2013

15 July 2013

Hey yall! Good to hear Gideon's doing well. He sounds like a lot of fun. Lots of things are going on this week. Mainly the Nguyen's (new-win) baptisms this Saturday! We're also having our tri-ward activity for pioneer day after that as well. It's going to be a fun day for sure. Transfers are coming up next Wednesday. This transfer cycle flewwww by. I feel like I've only been in Spartanburg for a week haha. You just lose track of time in this work. It's an unreal experience. I love it so much. This is the most rewarding experience of my life. There's nothing else that I've done that has really amounted to anything except come out here haha. I feel like I've wasted away a good bit of my life just going through school and things. I wish I would've gone out with the missionaries more when I was back home. I had a LOT of spare time on my hands. It's been great getting youth involvement here. This priest age young man Steffan is pretty cool and comes out with us a good bit. We quite often see awesome miracles when we go out teaching with him so I think God is doing all He can to get him excited about going. I'm glad. Every young man needs to serve a mission. I've spent a lot of time in quiet reflection of the gospel right before I go to bed each night. It's amazing to think of all the wonderful things God has done for me. The fact that we're alive and working the way that we do is a miracle. I love being a part of this plan. I'm so glad that I chose to come to this Earth. With all the blessings God has provided for me it drives me to work my hardest while being out here. I don't think it's possible to truly grasp the concept of the Atonement and not want to do every thing in your power to serve God and follow Jesus Christ. To think that Jesus Christ suffered for the pains of many children who he knew would not choose to follow Him blows my mind sometimes. Jesus Christ simply performing the Atonement alone would have made Him the most selfless person to ever live but to add unto it, He lived a perfect, sinless life. I can hardly walk out the door in the morning without messing up something and here Jesus is ever diligent in following the things His Father taught him. Not once did Jesus Christ even consider being slow to action even when things got tough. Just when I start to think that being out here is tough, I consider what Jesus went through, what the Apostles went through, what Joseph Smith went through. This work here is just no comparison to what they went through. How dare I display any degree of slack in this work. It makes me want to be so much better and truly give it my all out here. I know these things are going to bless me throughout my life. A mission is like an entire life in the pressure cooker. I've changed so much and I love being able to keep changing and bettering myself everyday. I wouldn't give up this opportunity to serve for anything. I love yall so much. Thanks for supporting me all throughout my life. I know I've come up short with so many things more often than not, but thanks for always being there for me. Your support has meant everything to me throughout my youth. I couldn't have asked for a better family :) Love, Elder Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment