Wednesday, November 6, 2013

4 November 2013

It's so good to hear your wonderful success stories. That's exciting about a new addition to the family! Keep me posted as yall hear more. Missionary work brings such great happiness that I can't even begin to describe. There's no more rewarding work on this Earth whether or not we see the fruits of our effort. Each opportunity to testify is a blessing in itself. This week has been amazing. There were some wonderful miracles yesterday :) One of our investigators, Patricia made the firm commitment to stop smoking. She gave us her cigarettes and said she's not buying anymore. We're so happy for her! Also another investigator Tameeka has just found the courage to move out of her current living situation and leave her abusive boyfriend behind. We're happy that she's making steps in the best direction possible. Please pray for them and their continued faith in preparation for their baptisms in the coming months. We're excited for them. So many missionaries. The world is just getting flooded. We'll be at over 100,000 missionaries before long according to recent estimates. It's amazing the things that missionaries will do with the age of technology as well. President Holm has finally come out and told us that our missionaries will have iPads and such in the next few months. Most likely by February but we're still not sure. It's crazy nonetheless. President told us that with one mission using iPads and Facebook to contact and teach people for just 1 hour everyday of the week, in that one mission they contacted over 25,000 people in 20 different countries in like a month. It's crazy how this work is going to hasten. God knows what He's doing. I just want to bear my testimony about this gospel and this work. It is so true. It's the most true thing that I've ever experienced in my life. God lives. I have no doubt in my heart about that. Every amazing thing around us let's us know that there is a God and that He loves us. The gospel brings so much understanding to life. Without it, what's the point of even being here? I love the knowledge that this church brings. This church stands separate from all other churches. Nowhere else can you find the peace and assurance of everlasting families and eternal progression. What great potential that we have. It's such a marvel to think that we are literally spirit children of Heavenly Father and joint-heirs with our Savior Jesus Christ. Whenever I stop and think about it, I just marvel. I'm so grateful for yall in supporting me throughout my life and continuing to support me here. I love yall so much. I can't imagine where I'd be without your loving guidance. I know that keeping the commandments and uttermost obedience brings the blessings of heaven. I've lived and experienced that. I've seen in the lives of others the sadness that comes from breaking the commandments. I never ever ever want to walk down that road. I pray for strength daily to remain steadfast and I have the strongest desire that I've ever had in my life to stay on the straight and narrow for the rest of my life. I'm not risking for a second the chance to spend an eternity with you. Without coming out here I have no idea how long it would've taken to be as converted to the gospel as I am now. I just love it. Keep up the great work at home. I'm glad yall got to go to the temple with our dear old friends. I love the friendships that I've made out here and look forward to them lasting throughout eternity. Love yall, Elder Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment