Wednesday, June 12, 2013

9 June 2013

Hahaha your comment about yall officially being old made me laugh. Yall are fantastic and age is just a number :P I know that yall will continue to serve the Lord with all your heart might mind and strength. Speaking of opportunities to serve, I'm getting transferred to a new area tomorrow. I'm not quite sure where I'm going as usual but I'm officially leaving Marion. It's always tough leaving an area because of all these wonderful people that you love but I know with all my heart that the Lord's hand is in this work directing me where to go, what to do, and what to say. I hope to be an example to others and do my absolute best work. I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the temple yesterday with Jessica, a recent convert that we've been working with. It was her first time going and since we've been working with her and helping her, she wanted us to go with to do baptisms. It also was the stake temple day so President Harvey had us do some initiatories and an endowment session as well before we left. It was fantastic. I don't know if I made it apparent enough in my past emails about how much I missed the temple, but I had a fabulous time and it was incredibly refreshing. This gospel is so true. I can't even begin to describe how I feel about it. To answer some of your questions, I pretty much get to play the piano at every fireside and district/zone meetings and I also got to play a special musical number of Come Thou Fount this past Sunday. I don't have too much time to practice the piano unless I'm doing a special musical number, in which case I get a little bit of practice, but my skills have kept up as far as I can tell. My exercise is going terribly, i've gain 50 lbs!...haha just kidding. Morning workouts are fantastic. I love getting up and getting straight to work first thing in the morning (next to morning prayers that is). It helps your energy throughout the day and keeps my strength up. I'm still the exact same size for the most part. My personal studies are always fantastic. I learn a lot about the scriptures and I've been lately studying some church history in Our Heritage. I haven't gotten too in depth with that book yet but I'll start soon. I love the Ensign and have been enjoying our modern day scriptures so much. Service opportunities are great. I love helping people out so much. We cut ragweeds out of a corn field to help the Weatherfords out. If you want to learn more about Brother Weatherford, he played for University of Tennessee back in the sixties I believe. Dad will probably love it. That's fantastic to hear about all the missionaries to be/ missionaries in the field already. I'm glad this work has blown up so much. It's good knowing that the work is truly hastening. I hope Alex is doing well. Got some pictures from that that look rough but I know he's going to endure it happily cuz he's one tough cookie. Haha I can't believe Brother Clark did that challenge! That's awesome haha. Wow I have to figure out what his secret is when I get back :P just kidding...that's ridiculous. Let him know that out here in Myrtle Beach there's a place with an 80 oz steak challenge so if he's ever in South Carolina and wants $90 worth of free steak, the place is called Thorny's. I don't intend on trying that challenge anytime soon. I'm excited about serving in a new area. Nervous but excited as always. It's been great serving with Elder Esplin. I've learned a lot and I hope to be able to leave this area with good things going and get to work in a new area. Missions truly shape your life. Love yall so much Elder Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment