Monday, August 19, 2013

11 August 2013

Hey yall! That's so exciting! I'm so glad to hear things are going well! This week has been so much fun! It's been crazy tons of work but incredibly exciting and incredibly fruitful. We definitely go through some of our biggest trials in life right before miracles happen it seems. So let me give you some details of all the events that occurred this week. So firstly as I think I explained in my last letter, I'm now serving with Elder Lee. Elder Thompson and Seaver were needed elsewhere due to an exciting emergency transfer that happened because the visa waiters got their visas. So what that entailed is that the Spartanburg 1st ward, which used to be split into two separate areas covered by two sets of missionaries, has condensed to one bigger area covered by just the two of us. It's been total craziness having to merge two teaching pools into one and learning a new area and just organizing all of our efforts but it has been a blast! I've had one of the most fruitful weeks of my mission. We had 5 of our investigators come to church this Sunday and a ton of less actives. The sacrament room was PACKED. It was so great! I just remember the sparseness that was there when I first got to this area and seeing this Sunday every seat being filled. The ward is really taking notice of our efforts and it's getting them excited about missionary work. People who used to be skeptical about the field being white and ready to harvest now see that God has truly prepared so many people to receive his gospel. We're having a baptism this Saturday of a teenager named Quay. She's really cool and is being a forerunner for her brother and mom who are preparing to be baptized on the 31st this month. Quez and Marquesha. Pray for them please :). The Nguyen family is doing great still :) I love seeing their progression in the gospel and the six of them really help fill up the chapel as well. There's such a great Spirit knowing that there are so many people around you striving to follow the same gospel standards. It helps you truly feel that there are people to rely on in this world of shifting values. Elder Lee is a blast to have as a companion. He's incredibly outgoing and just way fun to be around. There's never a dull moment with him! It's fun being blessed with companions that you instantly know and love and have a lot to learn from. It's just so obvious that God's hand is deeply embedded into this work. I love seeing the many miracles that occur each day in our lives :) Thanks for letting me know about the status of my bank info, just open the letter and email me that info when you get the chance. It can be so strenuous sometimes having to deal with all these worldly issues so thanks for making it easy for me. Thanks, sorry we have to deal with all this but yall are the best :) This should be the last piece of info I need for my license. I'll try to get some pictures soon, keep reminding me. The ones I sent Mandy were old ones that I think I sent yall copies of already. Love yall, Elder Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment