Monday, August 19, 2013

19 August 2013

Thanks for sending me that stuff! Really appreciate it. I hope it all gets worked out soon. But the work here is thriving! Quay's baptism went really well. It all came together swimmingly. The ward was really excited. We're really working in unity with them, especially the ward council. It's awesome. Elder Lee and I have been doing so much great work. I'm incredibly excited for the future here in this area. Right now we're teaching quite a few great people. Donovan, Betty, Rozay, and Rick, are all preparing/on track to be baptized on the 31st right now. They're all such great people. I'm excited about strengthening the priesthood here in Spartanburg. Donovan and Rozay are great 17 year olds who are ready to strengthen the priesthood here. Donovan moved in with some members awhile ago and he's a really great kid. The gospel is going to do so much for him. Rozay is acting as a forerunner for his family. He's definitely going to baptize his mom Belinda soon. She works a lot so we haven't gotten to meet with her as much but we've finally started catching her and clearing up her concerns and helping her find this truth that she's been searching for all her life. We're also teaching this lady named Jenna who has a lot of health problems, but we gave her a blessing and it's helped her out so much. She recognizes it too. She used to have a lot of trouble falling asleep and the first night after we gave her a blessing, she fell right asleep that night. She was amazed the next time we went over. The priesthood is so real. It's such a blessing and great responsibility that we have in this life to take care of everyone. The priesthood really needs to be in as many homes as possible. How different would the world be if every man in the world was a worthy priesthood holder? I can't even imagine it. It would literally be heaven. I'm glad to hear that everything is going well for the missionary work out there! I'm excited for your appointments and I'm praying that they will go well. Make sure to help the missionaries follow-up with them. Capitalize on the good experience and the feelings that they will feel and help them continue to learn more, read the Book of Mormon and most importantly, meet with the missionaries again. As we extend the invitations we do our part regardless of the immediate success that we see. It's amazing to see how God softens hearts and prepares people though. And whatever happens your friendship will be strengthened. I have no doubts in my mind. And don't be surprised if they're invited to be baptized :P. Add your testimony that you know the church is true and baptism will be the best decision that they've ever made in their life. Feel free to invite the missionaries over before the appointment and discuss with them the role that they want you to play in their teaching. God will bless yall for the preparation. The gospel is so amazing. It truly is the answer that is right for everyone. In the South with all the different churches around, it's sad to see that many people have just had to come to the conclusion that there isn't one true church and that they are just left to pick whatever they feel is right for them. God truly isn't the author of all this confusion. It's amazing however to see the scriptures fulfilled as we're led to many people who are simply kept from the truth because they know not where to find it. I love this truth and I hope everyone can become the person that their Heavenly Father expects them to be, especially me. Being out here, I've learned that God expects a lot from us simply because He knows our divine potential and that through faithfulness and diligence we can accomplish all that He has in store for us. This mission has changed me so much and it's continuing to change me each and every day. My resolve to live the gospel and be all that I can be has improved so much. My mission means everything to me. I wouldn't trade this experience for anything. Love always, Elder Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment