Friday, August 2, 2013

28 July 2013

Hey yall! I don't really have much to say about this week. There was quite a bit of crazy comotion. Satan's working really hard on some of the people we're working with. This guy Matt who was preparing to be baptized last Saturday had some family emergencies he had to attend to so we had to push things back for him. It's been a bit of a trial but I know everything's going to work out. I've been learning a lot in my studies out here. I love reading conference talks. It's amazing that despite the fact that God has to work with imperfect people, He always gets the job done. It's reassuring to know that there are so many inspired people that God calls to help lift us up and strengthen us when we need it. The doctrines of the gospel are very inspiring too. I love that we know that there is more than just this little human existence that we experience. We've had a lot of experiences this week with people trying to shake our testimonies of truth. It makes me so sad seeing people who once knew the truth and have rejected the light and truth of the gospel. They say they're so much happier without it but it's abundantly clear the lack of joy in their eyes. It's sad to see such masked hatred and bitterness behind every attempt to pick apart the Church and the inspired leaders that God has blessed us with. I know God lives. I know Jesus Christ is my Savior. I know Joseph Smith was a prophet of God called to restore these truths to the Earth. I know we're led today by a prophet and apostles. The priesthood authority is real. I know these things with every fiber of my being and nothing in the world can change that. There is truly no greater witness than from God. These eternal truths give us so much purpose and direction in life. How could you possibly accept the passing of loved ones without the calm reassurance that you will see them again? It can't be done. Only the Atonement can completely heal the things that we go through in life. Without the Atonement, without Christ, we truly are nothing. I'm so grateful for the gospel in my life. I'm so grateful to be able to share it every single day with these wonderful people. I hope everyone accepts the gospel. It makes me sad to think that there are people out there who won't. I wish people would just have desire in their hearts. But this is how it has to be. I'm grateful that our loving Savior will take care of us in the end. I love Him so much. I'm grateful for this wonderful family I've been placed in. I love you all. Thank yall so much for helping me choose to come out on a mission and supporting me while I'm here. There's no more blessed opportunity than to serve Him full-time. Love yall Elder Nair

No comments:

Post a Comment